Monday, February 14, 2011

The Bad and The Good Week 1

The Bad

I had forgotten that iPads don't recognize flash media (here is one guy's take on why that is so). So it was a design plan??? Why?? All I know it that it makes me sad. :( I have so many education games and other fabulous web sites that I would love to use on the iPad, but they don't work because of the lack of Flash. So, do I find Apple apps that do the same things that the other sites do? Or do I find other sites that don't use Flash that will work on my iPad? Or do I not use my iPad for those things? Things to think about for sure.

The Good

Videos rock on the iPad! I have loved using YouTube, TeacherTube, and BrainPop on the iPad.  The videos download quickly and are easy to view.  I also love the way Facebook and Twitter work on the iPad, but I haven't quite got the hang of Plurk on it yet. I also have not used it to blog yet, because the on screen keyboard is awkward at best for me. And I did purchase the iPad stylus that Best Buy in Tuscaloosa had, but I haven't played with it yet.  I really like the touch screen, I guess.

My plan is to download the Nook app to the iPad and see how that works for me.  Also, I am going to download the education apps I heard about at FETC as soon as I can get my Apple account straightened out!

P.S. I took the pictures above with my Nikon CoolPix S205 and the app was Doodle Buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment